We are open for business...
You may be wondering if it’s safe to book a stay with us? The short answer is, Yes.
We are open for certain categories of visitors in line with new regulations for Level-3.
You are welcome to book accommodation via this website.
At the time of check-in you will be required to adhere to our enhanced contactless COVID-19 check-in and accommodation protocol. Please feel free to contact the team for any further information or assistance.
Scroll down to find out more....
We are taking extra precautions to ensure our facilities are cleaned more regularly than before, and our staff are briefed and educated about the necessary procedures. Additional training has been implemented for all staff to ensure we are keeping everyone informed of the latest developments. We will continue to closely monitor the situation alongside the National Institute of Communicable Diseases and the World Health Organisation and abide by any regulations in place.
COVID-19 Essential Travellers Protocol
The COVID-19 protocol that we have put in place is for the safety and reassurance of staff and guests. This protocol is outlined below.
- Symptom screening of on arrival and daily is mandatory
- complete and sign a questionnaire
- allow temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner
- If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in.
- If a guest’s temperature is high (actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will be disallowed check-in and will be referred to a medical facility.
- Educating staff on the virus; ways in which it is transmitted; symptoms to look out for; and daily measures to prevent contamination and spread of viruses in personal, operational and guest spaces.
- Staff hand sanitisers (commercial) have been rolled out (such as kitchen, office, laundry, and bathrooms) as well as front of house guest areas.
- Guest hand sanitisers (alcohol based) are placed in easy reach of guests in public areas with a notice encouraging regular use.
- Personal hygiene is being reiterated, including the importance of washing hands frequently and thoroughly; avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; practicing respiratory hygiene (sneezing and coughing into a tissue that is safely discarded or the crook of the elbow), and avoiding touching one’s face;
- Regular routine cleaning of public areas such as restrooms, table tops, counters, hand rails, door knobs, back office surfaces and front desk surfaces are wiped down on a regular routine throughout the day, with a polycide chemical (a disinfectant cleaner) that kills most viruses;
- Protective wear such as protective gloves and face masks are issued to housekeeping and other staff.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is coughing, sneezing and feverish. Anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness to be reported to the general manager for further action to take place, such as contacting the NICD hotline.
- Meal serving standards have been revised to delivery only.
- Daily cleaning and servicing of chalets is not provided, and a 72 hour waiting period is in place before a vacated chalet is cleaned (to allow any viral particles time to dissipate and die off).
- The NICD Hotline is available to all staff and guests. In the event that anyone feels ill the South African Department of Health advises first phoning the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) helpline rather than going straight to a medical facility, to prevent potential contamination. The NICD hotline number is 080 002 9999.
While no one can predict the path of this virus, we are continuously monitoring developments and doing all we can to reduce the risk of potential contamination or spread of disease. We thank you for choosing to stay with us.
STAY WITH US
- With the necessary protocols in place, we are ready to welcome you for your stay at Lekoa Lodge.
Kindly note the following for online and direct individual bookings:
New Bookings - 100% flexible policy
- Any new reservation made at this time for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 3 days before your scheduled arrival.
- BOOK NOW and get 35% for june stays
Best Prevention Practices for Employees and Guests
- Wash your hands every hour with detergent soap or sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with other guests and staff.
- Don’t share food or utensils unless these have been correctly heated and washed.
We have also implemented additional measures:
- Daily deep clean of all utility and kitchen areas, along with public areas 3 times daily or after use by anyone. Restaurant Areas – surfaces to be de-sanitized following every serving and deep clean at shift end.
- Conference Areas: deep clean prior and post to any event, ensuring touch surfaces get specific focus.
- Sanitize surface areas and touch points such as doors, light-switches, table-tops, appliances, toilets, etc. Management are doing daily checks to ensure our processes are being adhered to.
- We also have a procedure in place that we will follow should a guest or staff member report a suspected case of COVID-19.
Contact NICD Helpline: 0800 029 999
We recognize that these are unsettling times - we want you to know that the safety and wellbeing of our staff and guests are our first priority.
Remember, when we resume normal operations, we will be ready for you to ESCAPE, have FUN and RELAX at Lekoa Lodge!